Thank you for your interest in submitting to the Sudden Denouement Literary Collective!
We accept guest submissions for our website and manuscript submissions for Sudden Denouement Publishing on an ongoing basis.
GUEST BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- The subject line should read: Guest blog: Name of your piece. (Example: Guest blog: When I pee in the sea.)
- You may submit up to 3 pieces of writing in either .pdf or .doc format at one time. Although we prefer previously unpublished work, we will consider published work so long as it has ONLY been published on a blog. No e-zines, e-mags, e-presses, e-books, printed works.
- Include a brief bio in the body of the email and a link to your website/where you write/where you want people to go if they’re interested in more of your writing/your books. If you are writing under a Pen Name please be clear what name your piece should be published under.
- Understand that you will not be paid for your submission. We are a small collective, and can only offer support in building your platform and sharing your work to our own audience.
- Understand we do not own the rights to your work, the rights are yours and yours only. We only publish your piece once, with the potential to reblog.
- Allow up to 4-6 weeks for a response.
- If you prefer to send a blind manuscript, do not include your name or a cover letter in the attached document, only give it in the body of the email.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- The subject line should read: Manuscript Submission: Name of your manuscript. (Example: Manuscript Submission: The Art of Peeing in the Sea.)
- Please include an excerpt of your manuscript or the full manuscript in either .pdf or .doc format.
- Include your full contact information including your legal name and pen name, home address, email address, and preferred phone number.
- Please describe a detailed description of your project and how you envision the final printed project.
- Allow up to 6-8 weeks for a response.
REQUEST FOR BOOK REVIEWS:
If you’re looking for a review of new poetry book, just send an email with the subject line ‘Review pitch’. Tell us about your work, attach a piece, and we’ll get back to you in 4-6 weeks. If we decide to do a review, a copy of the book will be required (preferably digital.)
Send all submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org