Thank you for your interest in submitting to the Sudden Denouement Literary Collective!
We accept guest submissions for our website and manuscript submissions for Sudden Denouement Publishing on an ongoing basis.
GUEST BLOG SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- The subject line should read: Guest blog: Name of your piece. (Example: Guest blog: When I pee in the sea.)
- You may submit up to 3 pieces of writing in either .pdf or .doc format at one time. Although we prefer previously unpublished work, we will consider published work so long as it has ONLY been published on a blog. No e-zines, e-mags, e-presses, e-books, printed works.
- Include a brief bio in the body of the email and a link to your website/where you write/where you want people to go if they’re interested in more of your writing/your books. If you are writing under a Pen Name please be clear what name your piece should be published under.
- Understand that you will not be paid for your submission. We are a small collective, and can only offer support in building your platform and sharing your work with our own audience.
- Understand we do not own the rights to your work, the rights are yours and yours only. We only publish your piece once, with the potential to reblog.
- Allow up to 4-6 weeks for a response.
- If you prefer to send a blind manuscript, do not include your name or a cover letter in the attached document, only give it in the body of the email.
BECOME A MEMBER OF SUDDEN DENOUEMENT:
If you are interested in joining the Sudden Denouement Literary Collective, please contact the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email should include three samples of your work and a link to your blog or social media page where you share your writing. Collective members are expected to submit 1 original previously unpublished piece a month, to respond promptly to reader comments when their new work is published and to visit Sudden Denouement on a regular basis to show support to other Collective members.
SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT TO SUDDEN DENOUEMENT PUBLISHING
- Submit all queries to email@example.com. Be sure to include Manuscript Submission in the subject line. We ask that you submit one query at a time.
- Please include a cover letter, and a concise synopsis no longer than one page in the body of the email.
- Your cover letter should include a brief bio, and detailed contact information (name, email, and phone number).
- The synopsis should be a full summary of your manuscript, including the ending. We want spoilers.
- Attach the first fifty pages of your manuscript. We accept PDF and Word doc.
- The manuscript should be a polished, final product.
- Please allow us four to six weeks to review and respond to your submission. If we’d like to see more, we will request the entire manuscript.
REQUEST FOR BOOK REVIEWS:
If you’re looking for a review of a self-published or small press published book, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for Book Review” in the subject line. Provide us with a summary of your manuscript as well as a sample, and we will get back to you in 2-4 weeks. If we choose to review your book, a digital copy of the book will be required.
Please send all submissions and inquiries about joining Sudden Denouement to: email@example.com